One of the greatest sins that a person can commit is to make up a statement concerning Allaah or His Prophet [peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him], This can come in different ways;
1. Hiding whatAllaah and His Prophet [peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him] has revealed of knowledge in order to achieve a goal,
2. Deliberately giving a different meaning to what Allaah and His Messenger [peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him] has revealed.
3. Permitting what Allaah and His Prophet [peace and blessings be upon him] has forbidden or forbidding what Allaah and His Messenger [peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him] has permitted
4. Saying that Allaah or the Prophet [peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him] has said something though they did not.
5. Arguing ignorantly about the deen of Islam.
All of these are major sins in Islam therefore a Muslim must stay away from them. Allaah says;
"And who does more wrong than the one who invents a lie against Allaah ... "[Q61 :7]
The curse of Allaah
“Verily, those who conceal the clear proofs, evidences and guidance, which We have sent down, after We have made it clear for the people in the Book, they are the ones cursed by AIlaah and cursed by the cursers.” [Q 2:159]
A place in the Hell-Fire
Narrated AI Mughira [RA] : I heard the Prophet saying:
“Ascribing false things to me is not like ascribing false things to anyone else. Whosoever tells a lie against me intentionally then surely let him occupy his seat in Hell-Fire.’’ [Bukhari]
Woe unto them! Woe unto them! Woe unto them!
“Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, "This is from Allaah, to purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn thereby. "[Q 2:79]
They will never prosper
“And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: This is lawful and this is forbidden," so as to invent lies against AIlaah. Verily, those who invent lies against AIlaah will never prosper. A passing brief enjoyment [will be theirs] but they will have a painful torment" [Q 16:116 - 117]
This article was culled from the publications of Deen Communication Limited