1. Submit to none except Allaah, the Creator of the Universe; keep your trust in Him and seek His forgiveness; praise Him and pay Him your gratitude, whatever be your circumstances. Pray regularly Allaah says: "Submit yourself with obedience to your Lord and prostrate yourself, and Irka'i (bow down) along with Ar-Raki'un (those who bow down e.t.c." (Q3[Aal- Imran]:43)
2. Excel in benevolence; let it be for the pleasure of Allaah only not for fame or earning gratitude. Allaah says: "Verily, the Abrar (pious), shall drink a cup (of wine) mixed with water from a spring in Paradise called Kafur. A spring wherefrom the slaves of Allaah will drink, causing it to gush forth abundantly. They (are those who) fulfill (their) vows, and they fear a Day whose evil will be wide-spreading. And they give food, inspite of their love for it (or for the love of Him), to Miskin (poor) the orphan, and the captive, (saying): "We feed you seeking Allaah's Countenance only. We wish for no reward, nor thanks from you." (Q76[lnsaan]:5-9)
3. If you hear about the suffering of people in any part of the world, pray to A1laah to bestow upon them His Mercy, and send them help, as much as you can.
4. Your accomplishments are due to the graciousness of Almighty Allaah,for without His guidance you can do nothing.
5. Believe in the equality of human beings, irrespective of caste, creed and colour. Hold every man and woman worthy of respect, deserving courtesy-and good treatment. Allaah says: "O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former." (Q49[Hujuraat]: 11)
6. Never hurt the feelings of any individual either by your words or your deeds.
7. Hypocrisy is one of the worst qualities of human character so avoid being a hypocrite. Allaah says: "But honour, power and glory belong to Allaah, His Messenger (Muhammad) and to the believers, but the hypocrites know not." (Q63[Munafiqun]:8)
8. Always uphold justice and never delay in imparting justice. Allaah says: "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor, Allah is a Better Protector to both (than you). So follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you may avoid justice." (Q4[Nisaa]:135)
9. Pay the labourer before the sweat dries on his/her eyebrow. Never tax anyone beyond his/her capacity. Allaah's Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) said:
"Give the labourer his wages before his sweat dries." (Tirmidhi)
10. Never betray the trust of the people at any cost. Allaah commands: "Verily! Allaah commands that you should render back tl1e trusts to those, to whom they are due." (Q4[Nisaa]:57)