PROTECTIVE MEASURE AGAINST JINN AND HOW A PERSON WHO IS POSSESS BY JINN CAN LIVE A NORMAL LIFE.
بسم الله الذى الا يضر مع اسمه شيء في الأرض السماء وهو السميع العليم. أعوذ بكلمات الله التامات من شر ماخلق.
In the Name of Allah, who with his name nothing can cause harm in the earth nor in the heavens, and He is the All-Hearing, the All-knowing. I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allah from the evils of what he has created. May Allah peace and blessing be upon the noble prophet Muhammad, his households, companions and every righteous Muslim.
Jinns; are shape-shifting spirits made of fire and air who are capable of assuming human or animal form which are said to dwell in all conceivable inanimate objects, stones, trees and more.
Briefly, I will like to list the type of Jinns and a few things that can cause being possessed by Jinn. There are different types of Jinn which I will categories into three. Which are;
1. The righteous and good (Mumin):- this type of Jinn do not possess human except in the rare case when they want to do good for the human
2. Qareen (A type of earthbound Jinn), this Jinn accompanies each human being from birth until death. This Jinn inspire man to follow his lower desire and constantly tries to divert him from righteousness. Every son of Adam has this Jinn.
‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said: “There is no one among you but a companion from among the jinn has been assigned to him.” They said, “Even you, O Messenger of Allaah?’ He said, “Even me, but Allaah helped me with him and he became Muslim (or: and I am safe from him), so he only enjoins me to do that which is good.”
According to another report, “… There is assigned to him a companion from among the jinn and a companion from among the angels.”
Narrated by Muslim, 2814
3. The evil Jinns (such as Shayateen, Khubuth, Khanzab, Mareed, Ifreet, e.t.c):- These are the evil Jinns that possess humans and cause suffering to the human.
THINGS THAT CAN CAUSE JINN TO POSSESS SOMEONE
1. Jinns possess some people due to family ancestors, having affiliation with Jinns as partner with Allah ( like in the south where they worship goddess of rivers, goddess of trees, e.t.c)
Allah said : " but they attributed to Allah partners, the Jinn while he created them..." Qur'an 6:100.
2. Jinns possess a human when they go to the place Jinn dwell without seeking Allah refuge. Therefore always seek Allah refuge before entering the toilet and before going out.
3. Jinns possess some people due to the harm they cause the Jinn, therefore Always pronounced the name of Allah before pouring hot water because you don't know if a Jinn is present there and do not use bone to clean yourself after answering the call of nature. Stay far away from whatever will harm a Jinn
4. Some Jinn possess human because they like a characteristics in the human
5. Some Jinn possess human because the human seek them and make transaction with them, which they later fail.
6. Some Jinn possess some people right while their mother was pregnant with them due to their mothers going out without seeking Allah refuge against all kinds of evil.
There are different protective measures against Jinn which the prophet Muhammad peace be upon him has recommended from the Qur'an and his Sunnah serving as Ruqyah (healing), for those that are possessed.
A person who is always possessed by Jinn cannot live a normal life if nothing is done to control the Jinn or remove it. Nowadays, especially in the Northern state of Nigeria and some parts of the South, there are people (majority females and few males) are suffering from the possession of Jinns which affect them to an extent that most are seen as crazy people, this as cause some to be depressed and some cannot even get married.
When Jinns possess a human, it takes control of his host, directing his host to do as he command. At that point of being possessed, the host can no longer have any to power help themselves. Therefore another person who has knowledge of RUQYAH is needed to help the host out.
Jinns do not possess one throughout one’s lifetime, they only possess one for sometimes and it varies with the individual, some are for within minutes, some hours and some days. Even it maybe once or twice in a week or month. But within the period that one is not possess, there are things you can do by yourself to aid you to fight the Jinn that possesses you. Although the world of Jinns is invisible to human beings while we are visible to them.
Allah has honored the children of Adam over the Jinn, so I believe with Allah, a believer can save themselves from the evil of the Jinn.
STAGES JINN UNDERGO WHEN THEY POSSESS A HUMAN
1. The first time the Jinn possesses a human, it enters like a breeze which spreads coldness or hotness to the bloodstream.
2. After gaining entry into the human body, it does not manifest its power immediately because it will struggle with the human soul until it mixes with the human soul and gains full control over the mind of the human ( note, humans, are unaware of this process). And they gain control over the human soul only when the human is unconscious I.e sleeping.
3. After, waking up, the human feel extremely energetic or serious weakness depending on the types of Jinn that enter the human body
4. Once the human is conscious, the Jinn begins its work and can display its power anytime as he wished.
HOW TO KNOW SOMEONE IS POSSESSED
There are two-point in life, in which a Jinn can enter a human being which are;
1. Before birth (while one is still in the womb).
2. After birth ( that is, when one has come into the world, Jinn can possess one at any stage in life either childhood, adolescent age, or adulthood).
Allah has set an example in the Noble Qur'an, that proof man can be possessed by Jinn.
الَّذِينَ يَأْكُلُونَ الرِّبَا لاَ يَقُومُونَ إِلاَّ كَمَا يَقُومُ الَّذِي يَتَخَبَّطُهُ الشَّيْطَانُ مِنَ الْمَسِّ
"Those who consume Riba (interest) cannot stand except as one whom the devil has driven to madness". Qur'an 2:275. Below are the ways you can know you are possesed;
1. Change in behavior
2. Change in eye colour and voice
3. Speaking strange language
4. Extreme aggressiveness and anger.
5. Having strange dreams constantly and meeting oneself in a strange world.
6. Extreme quietness and distancing themselves from others.
7. Running to impure places, graveyards, trees, deserted places, or staying much longer in toilets and other strange attitudes, all depending on the type of Jinn that possesses the individual.
8. Hearing strange voices and the ability to read other people's minds.
9. Inabilitty to listen or stay in a place where Qur’an is recited or play
10. Having serious discussion with the unseen spirit when alone.
The above listed signs are just some of the signs displayed by one possessed by Jinn.
NOTE:- The Jinn possess humans just to carry out an evil task, after completion of the task, they leave the human body and stay near the human always (visiting the human constantly or once in a while). Once a Jinn creates an entry passage into a Human body, the Jinn will be able to possess the body anytime if the human does not take PROTECTIVE MEASURE AGAINST THE JINN.
Below are some protective measures that can be use against Jinn.
1. Know yourself: Try and study yourself, know the things that make the Jinn possess you, by studying what the Jinn like and dislike, you can ask your family to aid you out in finding out. For example, some dislike noise, injustice, insult, the mixture of dhikr with drumming, some specific food, or colour e.t.c. some like praising, water, quietness.
NOTE:- Some Jinns are Shayateen and they want nothing from you but to make you worship them and in the process destroy your TAWHEED. Therefore knowing their like and dislike is not to give in to their demand but to be able to control and stop them from possessing you.
2. Always keep a pure heart:- ensure always that all your heart desires are on goodness and do not pay back evil with evil because evil Jinns will always bring bad thought to your heart. Therefore always purify your heart by doing good always.
3. Constant remembrance of Allah (dhikr):- Always ensure your tongue is moist with the praise of Allah because these evil Jinns are disbelievers in the oneness of Allah and hate Allah to be praise and glorify.
4. Ensure you say your morning and evening Adhkaar regularly:- the morning and evening Adhkaar is a combination of Dua for seeking goodness and refuge from all evil.
5. Always listen to the Qur'an
6. Always give out charity because charity also way off evil.
7. Constantly seek Allah refuge from the Jinn
8. Go for Ruqyah:- seek for Ruqyah, don't always wait till the Jinn possess you before doing Ruqyah.
9. Ensure you don't isolate yourself too much, always make sure a partner who can remind you of Allah is always with you.
And lastly, do not be weak against these Jinns, be a strong Muslim and fight the evil desires of the Jinn, because they are coward.
Below are some beneficial dua and Qur'an verse that can serve as protection and cure
لاَ لَهَ الاَّ اللّهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيْك لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الحَمْدُ يُحَي ويُمِيْتُوَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيْرُ.
Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu'l- mulk wa lahu'l hamd yuhyi wa yumeet wa huwa ala kuli shayin qadeer.
(Reference: Muslim 1/418).
أَعُوذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللّهِ التَامَةِ مِنْ غَضَبِهِ وَعِقَابِهِ وَشَرِّ عِبَادِهِ، وَمِنْ هَمَزاتِ الشَّيَاطِيْنِ وَأَنِ يَحْضُرُونِ
Audhu bi kalimati llahi'l tammati min ghadabihi wa iqabihi wa sharri ibadihi wa min hamazati sh-shayatin wa an yahdurun.
( Reference: Muwatta Imam Malik, Book 51, Hadith 9).
QUR'AN VERSES YOU CAN STICK TO
1. Ten verse of Suratul Baqarah [Q2] (I.e you read the first four verses, Ayatul Kursiyu, the next two verses after Ayatul Kursiyu, and the last three verses of Suratul Baqarah).
2. Suratul Fatiha
3. The last three surah of the Qur'an (112,113 &114).
4. Last two verses of suratul Qalam.
O' you who is always possess by Jinn, don't give up hope in Allah mercy, surely His help is near. Don't be depress and unhappy. Be patient and always seek Allah help. Be strong and happy always.
I will conclude with the word Allah which said " And I did not Create the Jinn and mankind except to worship me". Qur'an 51:56.
By Allah no slave can stop another slave from carrying out his purpose of creation.
May Allah ease all the affairs of every Muslims, forgive our dead brethren in islam, make the path of pleasing him ease, and grant us all goodness fi dunya wal akhira. Aaameen.
Horlanirety Zainab Olaleke
10th Rabi'ul Awwal. 1442AH/ 27th Oct. 2020.